Creating a Facebook Fan Page can be done in just minutes and can be a highly effective tool to help generate traffic for your online business.
Facebook is not slowing down any time soon. Here are some statistics as stated on FB Press Room:
People on Facebook
- More than 400 million active users
- 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- Average user has 130 friends
- People spend over 500 billion minutes per month on Facebook
Activity on Facebook
- There are over 160 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups and events)
- Average user is connected to 60 pages, groups and events
- Average user creates 70 pieces of content each month
- More than 25 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month.
Facebook is a resource that can provide you with unlimited leads worldwide…amazing stuff. With just a little extra work, you can really take advantage of this platform to help bring your business to the next level.
Here are the steps to create your Facebook Fan page:
- Go to Facebook Fan Pages and click on ‘Create a Page‘.
- Fill out the form and check off the radio button for Facebook Terms and click on ‘Create Official Page’.
Facebook Fan Page Tip 1:
For the page name, really think about your branding. You’ll want to be strategic here. Some people use their business names as their brand. For example, my website is NewBizBlogger, so I decided to use this as my brand. Some people choose their personal names as their brand. The key here is to stick with one and keep it consistent across the board with all social media for name recognition purposes.
Now it’s just a matter of clicking and entering your information in the appropriate places.
Facebook Fan Page Tip 2:
If you have a website already with an opt in form, you can easily add this tab to your page so visitors can sign up directly through your Facebook Fan page. It’s just another way to help you capture emails and grow your list.
Here’s how you create an opt in form with Facebook:
- click in the ‘search’ box
- type in Static FBML
- click on ‘Add to my Page’
- you are going to get a list here of your current fan pages; just click on the page you want to add this application to.
- go back to your fan page, click on ‘edit page’
- scroll down to FBML and click on edit
- name the box and add the html code and click save.
One Final Facebook Fan Page Tip :
Now personally I currently like to keep my Wall page as my default page, but if you decide you want another page (like the page you just created your opt in form on) to be your default all you have to do is the following:
- Click on ‘edit page’ on your Wall page (just below your image)
- Go to wall settings and click on edit and you will see an option to change your default page.
Another one of the cool things about Facebook is that you can create a custom tab and put whatever you want on it to help sell your visitors on becoming a fan. Here are some ideas:
- List some benefits of why they might want to become a fan
- Add a video
- Add some cool images with some text
You get the picture.
All you have to do now is let everyone know you’re live! You can either click on ‘suggest friends’ and click on the friends you would like to notify or become your own fan and everyone on your personal Facebook friends list will see you’ve become a fan of that page and will come and check it out.
Have fun creating your fan page, if you’ve enjoyed this post please feel free to leave a comment or for share it with your friends.