Maybe it’s the holiday season, ’tis the season and all that, but lately I’ve seen quite a bit of acknowledgment and support amongst site owners. It’s an amazing sight to see for sure.
But as an entrepreneur and free thinker, I thought, “how can I take this support system a bit further”? How can a community of online business owners/bloggers continue to support each other in their online ventures?
I thought… write an ebook! But not just any ebook. This ebook will be a collection of authors’ best pieces; a piece of art work if you will. A massive collaboration beyond what others have done before! OK maybe I’m getting a bit ahead of myself… let’s think baby steps.
So here’s the plan if you care to partake in this adventure; create an ebook featuring site owners best articles; the crème de la crop. If 20 site owners participate, then it will feature 20 killer articles. If 30 people participate than it will contain 30 amazing articles and so forth… you get the idea.
You are probably thinking, “what’s in it for me”? Fair enough… valid question. Imagine for a second, getting your hands on an ebook containing some of the best articles ever written from some of the most active site owners/bloggers in the virtual world. Articles discussing topics such as SEO, keyword optimization, article marketing, affiliate marketing, blogging for money, competitive research,web design, etc.
Now take this ebook and put in in the hands of 30 participants to distribute to their following. Your reach now has potentially expanded by 30x simply by submitting one of your best articles! Still not convinced?
Consider this: Let’s say for example all participants have a following of 200 loyal fans (being very conservative here). If 30 participants with 200 followers share this ebook, your reach now went from 200 to 6000!
What would you do with this?
Before you answer that, let me set the ground rules. Yup, you heard me right, there be some ground rules up in heya!
- The ebook is free! Yes, F.R.E.E.! Once it’s created, all participates will distribute it as they see fit; place it on their site, email it to their list, whatever you like, but it is not to be sold whatsoever!
- The ebook is not to be used as a bribe for an optin. Yeah, I know, bummer. But here’s my thinking on this. The whole point it to support each other in our ventures and the only way to do so is to get it out and get it out quick. Let that bad boy go viral!
- Link away! However, no affiliate links allowed. This is not about making money; although don’t get me wrong, that’s great too and may be the end result. However, this is about creating substantially exposure for all participants.
- You must commit to putting your best foot forward so make sure you submit a kick ass article!
- All authors will need to supply a bio and photo. This really gives you a chance to talk yourself up and also let others see your gorgeous face.
- How articles are placed in the ebook will be based on the order in which I receive them. So in short, the quicker you get it to me better chance of your article being on the top of the list.
- Your submitted article must be between 400-1000 words. If it’s a bit under or over, don’t worry; I don’t plan on counting. This is just a general guideline to even the playing field.
- Articles submitted must be related to the topic of online business or blogging such as the topics I’ve listed above.
Can you see how this can provide great value to your following and at the same time support a community all up to the same thing; wanting a successful online business?
I know what you’re thinking; where do I sign up? I’m making it super simple. All you have to do at this point is email me the URL of the published article and your best email address to contact you. I will do the rest; put the ebook together and distribute it to all participants.
Note: If you would like to submit an original piece yet not published, you are more than welcome to do so. But don’t feel like you have to. Remember this is about keeping it simple and if you already have an amazing published article then why not use it?
If you have images in your articles, I will pull those images for your published article and add them to the ebook, so need to email them to me. If your submission is accepted, I will email you to request your bio and photo.
Why would your submission not be accepted?
- The article submitted is not relevant to the topic of online business or blogging.
- Too many requests have been submitted. Hopefully you agree that 30-50 published authors in an ebook will have more of an impact that 50-100.
- You’ve submitted an article to a topic similar to what 10 other authors have submitted. I would like to create a well rounded publication. In this case, I will notify you to see if you would like to submit another article covering a different topic.
- You have published less than 20 articles. I’m all about supporting “newbies”; heck I was a newbie not too long ago. However, in order to level the playing field for all those involved, I can only accept submissions to those who’ve been the game for some time. So if you are in this category…gets to writing!! I envision a sequel!
How long its going to take me to create and publish the ebook?
I will be taking submissions up until December 13th and plan to have it published and ready to distribute by the end of the year. Since it’s a free ebook, there is no need to time the publication of it. I just may sit on it until the first week of January whilst every one is gung-ho about starting the new year fresh and motivated as all hell!
What are your thoughts on this? Wouldn’t mind some feedback on it.
So are you game? Want to be featured in an ebook? Post a comment below and let everyone know! And don’t forget to share this. The more people participate the more exposure for all of us!