First let me explain what I mean about getting your authentic business groove on. Your authentic groove is just being who you were meant to be, in life and in business. What sparked this article you asked? You didn’t?
Well I’m going to tell you anyway…
- What makes them tick?
- What business models are they using?
- What ideologies are they expressing?
- Who are they appealing to?
There are almost always a few consistencies:
- They don’t market to the masses. Yeah, I know it’s tempting… been there, done that. They market to who they know will truly appreciate and “get” their message – their ideal client. Their message doesn’t fall on deaf ears because of this. Don’t know who your ideal client is? Hmm… better get to it!
- They express themselves as who they truly are. There are no facades or pretenses; it’s just them being true to who they are. We’ve seen this over and over. Look at Marie Forleo, Brankica Underwood, Lisa Sasevich, John Falchetto , Dino Dogan, Naomi Duford, Scott Stratten, to name just a few.
- They speak who they are and if you get them, great. If you don’t, that’s OK too. They are not trying to speak to EVERYONE or sell to EVERYONE, just to their true loyal fans.
- Their message is authentic and it’s not masked by jargon or what they ‘think’ other people want to hear. They just have something to say or share and they put it out their … their way.
- I want you to get crystal clear on who your ideal client is. Who they are, what they do, what they like, what are their issues, etc. If you’re having trouble, maybe I can help you out on getting clear on your ideal client.
- I want you to go on a bit of a discovery. This is going to entail you being willing and open to looking at who you are “being” in your business. Is who you are being an expression of YOU? Here’s a tip on this discovery exercise. Think back to a time where you felt the most free, expressive and yourself. A good place to start is who you are and how you are being when you are amongst your closest friends, as they tend to bring out your true authentic self.
- Develop a plan on how you are going to express your authentic self in your business and to your ideal client. It doesn’t have to be a ten page report; one page or even one paragraph, if it’s crystal clear, will do the trick.
Now go and be who you were meant to be and work your business with ease, fun and full self-expression.
How do you plan to get your groove on in having an authentic business? Please share below!