It’s been a while coming but I’ve managed to kill two birds with one stone:
- Do my first ever video interview – woohoo!!
- Snag Dino Dogan from Triberr.com for this interview.
- Details about Triberr – covering how it came about, how to become a member, making the most of your time on the site, what are bones and they work and the naked stats.
- Creating the mindset to move forward with an idea/concept.
- Expediting your success by collaborating with others.
- Speed of implementation – “get it out there, get it out there yesterday and iterate”.
Note: As I said before, this is my first video interview.
Is it perfect? Not really; my editing is less to be desired that’s for sure!
Do I care? Of course I do.
Did it stop me? Absolutely not!
But growing your online business / blogging presence is about taking risks and putting yourself out there. And sometimes it’s not going to be perfect. As a matter of fact, sometimes it will downright ugly!
But it’s in taking the small steps that you begin to see results. So I have some homework for you… after you watch the interview of course!
The interview is 30 minutes long and divided up into three parts; so be sure to watch all three!
Part I – What is Triberr.com?
Part II – Mindset
Part II – Q & A and Small Talk
- Dan Cristo – @dancristo
- Tweet Old Post Plugin
- Social Media Examiner
- Cornell West
- The Pirates Dilemma by Matt Mason
- Gabe Zichermann from Gamification.co. Here some information if you are interesting in finding out more about him:
Twitter Handler: @gzicherm
Book info: http://gamification.co/books/
Great blog post: http://gamification.co/2011/05/26/quests-skill-trees-for-learning-with-khan-academy/
- Choose a project you’ve been holding off on that makes you a bit uncomfortable. Maybe it’s creating a video, or finishing an ebook or creating a podcast.
- Add the desired completion day into your calendar. Make sure you give yourself enough time to complete it, but not enough that the project drags.
- Create a plan on all the steps you have to take to complete the project. For example, if it’s creating a podcast it may be: tools you’ll need to create it, write down topics to talk about, find out how to add it to your site, etc.
- Just do it!
I’ll leave you with two great quotes from Dino that I just loved:
Don’t think – Do!
Grow a set of balls!
And hey Dino, don’t think I forgot you didn’t answer the question: what is your biggest fear? It’s all good!
Dino Dogan is the founder of http://triberr.com. His background is in music (as a singer/songwriter) and fitness (specifically as it pertains to Martial Arts), and he’s a biker who loves dogs. Most importantly, he’s a life-long student. You can follow him on twitter @dino_dogan.
Image in video – Source
I hope you enjoy it and much as I enjoyed making it! Please leave your comments below for myself or Dino. Would love to hear from you. And please feel free to share this interview.
And oh, if you are currently not a member of Triberr.com and are in a related field as I am in and are active on Twitter, please feel free to Contact me to request an invite or mention so in the comment section below.